American Women's Hospitals Service photographs: Yugoslavia - Skopje, undated

Image
Creator American Women's Hospitals
Description

The American Women's Hospitals (AWH) developed from the War Service Committee of the Medical Women's National Association (later, American Medical Women's Association (AMWA)) in 1917 to provide, register and finance American women physicians for war work; offer medical and emergency relief to refugees; and, later, to provide international public health service. The AWH photographs were frequently used in fundraising and publicity campaigns. This group of photographs depicts AWH personnel at the new AWH Children's Hospital in Skopje, Macedonia.

Subjects Women physicians | Women in war | War work | Public health--Europe | Public health | Fund raising | Children--Hospitals | Hospital buildings | Skopje (North Macedonia)
Language English
View full item https://idea.library.drexel.edu/islandora/object/lca%3A131888
Local identifier lca:131888 | local: a144p_b10f06
Contributing institution Drexel University College of Medicine Legacy Center